Moving the blog to Known has been in the back of my mind for a while now, so I finally pulled the trigger. This has been a fun weekend project, now spilling into Tuesday. Wordpress maintenance has become too cumbersome for my needs, and Known has been a breath of fresh air. Some notes from my experience:
- Invaluable installation instructions in the Known documentation, as well as here. The only issue I kept having was where to place the uploads directory, and how to point to it.
- Really, reeealy looking forward to importing my old blog content here. I know that Wordpress import is on the horizon, and I forsee it bringing a large influx of personal sites to their hosted service.
- I love that the #indieweb functionality works out of the box.
- Chrome handles it very well on Android, but I need to play around with it more to figure out how to reply. Almost needs to be its own app...
- Facebook thinks I am a robot when I try to setup POSSE here, even after I answer a captcha and verify my mobile phone. So they don't get to see any of these posts.
I have not written many posts lately, as evidenced by my Wordpress page (currently at pilchernet.com). Hopefully this refresh will kickstart some creativity.