One of my best friends is doing some awesome things in the Navy. Like, awesome enough that he can't really say what they are. My wife and I were talking about him a couple weeks ago and came to the realization that we have contacted him enough that we are well within the two or three degrees of separation required1 for NSA #surveillance2.
Since then, we have included occasional messages to our "NSA angel" in our everyday communication, to see if they come true or just to give some Quantico keyboard jockey a laugh. Thus far, our NSA angel has failed to predict the Super Bowl outcome3 or chime in with the proper number of ibuprofen pills to treat inflammation.4
Anyways, I haven't had a lot of time to write lately - just been a little busy5. And the only people that knew about my NSA angel were my wife and I, our Navy friend6, and our NSA angel (obviously). So I am making my NSA Angel letters their own category in hopes to kickstart some writing. Please feel free to write some to your own NSA angel as well. I'm sure they get bored reading about every detail of your life (some of which you probably don't even know yourself).
- It's a thing - ask the Guardian. ↩
- Sure, they say that they are only surveilling possible enemies of state. At this point, do you believe them? ↩
- I told the NSA angel to not respond if the Broncos were going to win. Classic catch-22 (because they7 obviously knew the winner in October). ↩
- It's three, right? That was our guess. ↩
- My NSA angel knows how that goes. Amirite Frank? (Frank is his name) ↩
- No, not you. The other one. Frank knows. ↩
- By "they" I mean "math". ↩