some good rules of thumb here. my favorites:
- Promptness is a sign of respect.
- Trust me: there is no “them”.
- Art is in what you leave out.
- Pros are just amateurs who know how to cover their mistakes.
- Separate the processes of creation from improving. You can’t write and edit, or sculpt and polish, or make and analyze at the same time. If you do, the editor stops the creator. While you invent, don’t select. While you sketch, don’t inspect. While you write the first draft, don’t reflect. At the start, the creator mind must be unleashed from judgement.